In 1945 members began to meet in Finchley, initially hiring the local Boy Scout headquarters. From 1955, it met in its own premises in Nether Street, in a house that was bought by a member of the Meeting and let to the Meeting. There the Meeting prospered.
However, the house was ageing and, after complex arrangements, a new purpose-built Meeting House was built around the corner in Alexandra Grove. It was opened in October 1967. The same garden was part of both plots. Raising money for the new building united members of all ages, and continued for some years.
Half a century has seen many fluctuations in membership some due to aging and others as families have moved in and out of the area. For some years the Meeting House was the home of the Finchley and District Peace Campaign (closed in 2006). Present activities include occasional study meetings and monthly discussions after meeting for worship followed by a shared lunch.